We Offer Both Church Charter & Congregational Affiliation
Years ago Traveler's
Insurance had an umbrella for their logo to acknowledge the protection
facet of being covered under one of their insurance policies. A
Universal Life Church (ULC) Charter works just the same. ONE BIG
Universal Life Church World Headquarters is a Christian ministry
proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. We are a
non-denominational and/or an independent Catholic ministry with World
Headquarters located in Carrabelle, Florida USA, in association with
many Churches throughout the world. You can learn more about us by
reading our Statement of Faith, or a little bit about Our Ministry and
Staff by clicking here.
Churches and ministries that have an UMBRELLA relationship with the ULC
will receive a Church Charter or Congregational Affiliation, a
Certificate that states the charter or affiliation information for your
Church or Religious Organization.
What are the advantages of becoming affiliated with the Universal Life Church World Headquarters?
1. You will be part of a growing ministry with a worldwide presence.
2. We will sow into your ministry with spiritual encouragement by
providing teaching tools and other material as they are developed.
3. As your ministry's umbrella, we will provide directives and guidance,
which will assist you in many aspects of your ministry's growth.
4. You, or others, of your ministry may be invited to travel with us, or
on our behalf, to other parts of the country or world for evangelism
and to give spiritual encouragement to ministers of the Gospel.
5. A Church Charter provides your Church an automatic tax exemption. You do not need a 501c3 status for a Church.
6. As an independent Church or Congregational Affiliate, you will be
able to continue to use your present ministry name, and function as just
the same as before in many ways. Some ministries decide to change the
name of the ministry (such as: ULC of Charleston - Seattle; and ULC of
The benefits of such a relationship are Gi-Normous!
Church Charter & Congregational Affiliation Guidelines
1. It is a must that your Church or Organization be of Christian
orientation of faith, fully believing and teaching the whole Bible as
the inspired Word of God, upholding Godly morals and principles, and
having the attributes of such. We do not condone anything that our Lord
would not condone.
2. Your Church or Organization should be in agreement with our Statement of Faith.
3. Your Church or Organization does not need to be a brick n'mortar
Church or building, it can be as simple as a bible study, a get together
in your living room, at the kitchen table, in the basement, garage, in a
park, at an area business or wherever. It is simply a place to gather
to worship, praise and/or to facilitate your work as a disciple of
Christ. If you simply provide wedding services, healing services,
counseling and etc., all such entities can benefit by becoming a Church
Charter or Congregational Affiliate of the Universal Life Church World
Headquarters just the same as a Church.
4. An application for affiliation with the ULC must be submitted by the
leadership of your church for review by our ministerial staff, and it
must be filled out completely before submitting it for review.
5. If you have an established Church with regular worship services, we
ask for at least one taped message and/or sermon to be sent along with
6. We expect your Church to sow into ULC on a regular basis to be used
for the continuing effort to spread the Gospel. Using what the Apostle
Paul speaks of in 1 Corintians 9:11: "we sow into you spiritual things
should we not reap carnal(material) things?". Paul was referring to the
Church sowing financially into his ministry so he could continue the
ministry given him. Why? Because he sowed into the Church spiritual
7. If your ministry has not yet been established, we request a letter
and other documentation explaining how it will be established including
any foreseen future expansion processes within the next five years.
8. No one is permited to use our ministry name in its full state and in
its abbreviated state by itself. You can use for example; Universal Life
Church of Maryland or say the ULC Gospel Church.
9. There is a $50.00 (USD) non-refundable processing fee for the Charter
or Congregational Affiliation, and we require each entity to be led by
an Auxiliary Bishop, which requires a $10.00 (USD) for the title.
Obviously we require you to be ordained through the Universal Life
Church World Headquarters.
10. We recommend that each organization, whether Church or other type of
ministry, write down your own vision statement. These are a few
paragraphs of what you feel the Spirit of the Lord is directing you to
do. If your organization is considering becoming incorporated be sure to
incorporate it as religious and/or non profit only if it is either, of a
(1) religious orientation and only if it is to be considered a (2) non
11. The ULC will assist any minister who is ordained through us in
certain aspects of establishing a Church or other ministry or mission.
This comes in the form of guidance as to procedures and protocol.
12. Each ministry will be independent in nature and will be required to
develop, acquire and keep its own set of financial records, as well as
obtain any licenses, permits, articles of incorporation, bylaws, and
other documents so deemed by the officers of the ministry being
chartered and/or affiliated with.
For More Information or To Apply/Request Church Charter or Congregation Affiliation